Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Egyptian Arabic

That I realize I am lousy at speaking Arabic fluently, do I need to say more that I am good at its colloquial ones? Pathetic.

So, I advise myself to buy an Egyptian Arabic colloquial slang book. I ended up buying this book a few days ago and I found it very helpful at improving my vocabulary despite the price is a bit expensive. But hell yeah, why do we need to feel worried when spending the money on books?

Title : Egyptian Arabic
Publisher : Lonely Planet
Price : 51.00 EGP
Bought at : Virgin Megastore, City Stars

But  we do need to feel worried when some people love to take advantage on us. Especially those who have money but are stingy and love to use others' money.

p/s : Ahh, now that I know City Star is only 5-10 minutes from my hostel with a cab, and will cost you around 5-6le. Didn't I say without traffic jam, no? Problemo.

4 comments:

  1. a warning, dear, colloq. egypt is sooo easy that eventually you'll forget fusha all together ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo easy to speak but so slow when it comes to listening. but i still practice my fusha with my foreign friends because they are much better at it than the arabs themselves. actually i bought this one because i need to learn how to use the colloq the right way so that yeah the taxi driver or the ammous here can understand me or at least will give me discount when i ask for it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. la2, da na 3ayza afhem kalamhom 3ashan a3melo fi hayati el youmia. :D

    ReplyDelete